Thursday 6 May 2010

Modern Warfare2 / Battlefield Bad Company 2



Any Modern Warfare 2 online players out there who want to have some fun add me as a friend on ps3 , names Lanternx5. And while you're at it check out this sick knife kill below.





I'm also available to a lesser extent on Battlefield bad company 2.




Now I know most people would say this game is better than Modern Warfare personally I personally prefer the pace at which modern warfare is played especially the big team Death Matches and Domination. Having said that, Bad Company 2 online definitely has it's advantages; The terrain is much more dynamic feel to it and the realism is something that is unrivalled in other combat simulation games I've seen.
The expansive terrain increases the strategic aspects of the game which is a feature enjoyed by many FPS purist as one of the main complaints of MW2 was the map sizes being too small. Another major problem is modern warfare 2 has many overpowered Weapons and Perks, namely Pain Killer (annoying as hell) , Dual Winchester 1887 (though I think they have been nerfed because at one point you could shoot with them from about 30 yards out and still kill everything) and so on.


However for me the greatest feature of bad company by far is the plethora of vehicles available. Players are able to use a variety Motor boats, Bikes, tanks and most importantly Choppers like the Apache and black hawk (Even if you are not a fan of war games there is something highly satisfying about nose diving a helicopter kamikaze style into a group of unsuspecting enemies) Also baring in mind most of the terrain including buildings are destructible , the use of vehicles adds a dimension to the game that is just cannot be topped by Mw2.




So to summarise Battlefield: Bad company 2 is a visually superior, more balanced, more realistic and better overall game than Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2. And yet I find myself playing the latter far more often even though I've had it for longer.
Maybe it's just because I'm more familiar with MW2 , maybe it's because of the shorter online game length, maybe it's because of the nicer looking weapons. Or maybe, just maybe, at the end of a long day when I want to to chill out by means of a mass massacre I'd rather play a game where I can walk into a corridor or tunnel , empty 250 rounds of a machine gun and kill about 35 noobs in the space of 10 minutes rather than have to get into vehicles, look for enemies , disarm bombs and all that hassle that comes with bad company. I don't know, maybe I'm the noob! Drop me a mail or comments and let me know what you think and remember add me on ps3 as a friend, the names LanternX5.
See you there.


No comments: