Friday 7 May 2010

Iron Man 2


Went to see Iron man 2 at Imax at Waterloo. Paid £14 and let me say cinema is well worth the money. If you go to IMAX I suggest you sit in one of the last 3 rows at the back in the middle of the isle, they look like were couples would sit. Lot of extra leg room and you can see the screen without straining your eyes and I suggest night time is the best time to go.
Ok enough about IMAX, now onto the film itself..
It starts off well, carries on well, and ends well but to elaborate on this I might have fallen asleep watching this on a smaller screen. Tony Stark role was excellent and well portrayed by actor Robert Downey Jr. It dwell on the chest power source a bit too much for my liking as the director must have been trying to kick a cat through a hamster hatch to make his point ( if you watch it you'd understand ). Whiplash's character could not have been played better by actor Mickey Rourke but the ending was the only let down of the film. It wasn't due to a fault of his own rather the fact that the director had to finish off the film somehow. In my opinion it just felt a bit too quick.
Jim Rhodes played by Don Cheadle played his supporting character role well. I might add when Terrance Howard left after the first film due to money issues, it's nice to see that they went with a good replacement and it's nice to see a dark skin black guy plays the role ( sorry it's just I'm old enough to remember how they used to have powdered down black skin actors on TV or give the roles to light skinned black actors ). I heard there is War machine spin-off I hope it happens.

Pepper Potts and Black Widow- without spoilers all I can say is it's a man's world but it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a women or a girl. Gwyneth Paltrow being the women and Scarlette Johansson being the girl. Question is who wins the "how tight can my outfit be awards".


Nick Fury - Yay to John Favreau for putting 2 black guys in the film. As many people would say Nick Fury is just the prelude to the avengers.
All in all without giving spoilers away excellent film go see it in the biggest cinema you could possible go and find that's got a nice base sounding audio system for the explosions.


No comments: